Information We Collect
We may collect the following information:
- contact information including email address
- demographic information such as postcode, preferences and interests
- other information relevant to customer surveys and/or offers
Data We Track
We require this information to understand your needs and provide you with a better service, and in particular for the following reasons:
- Internal record keeping.
- We may use the information to improve our products and services.
- We may periodically send promotional emails about new products, special offers or other information which we think you may find interesting using the email address which you have provided.
- From time to time, we may also use your information to contact you for market research purposes. We may contact you by email, phone, fax or mail. We may use the information to customize the website according to your interests.
We use traffic log cookies to identify which pages are being used. This helps us analyze data about webpage traffic and improve our website in order to tailor it to customer needs. We only use this information for statistical analysis purposes and then the data is removed from the system.
We use collected/aggregated statistics regarding users/traffic and traffic providers. These statistics never contain any form of personal data. All data is anonymous. IP addresses are not saved in that database that stores data on user habits, so no information about you can be linked to your identity. Your IP address is only stored if you actively register on our website, for instance when you shop online or sign up for one of our services. It is stored for security reasons.
Overall, cookies help us provide you with a better website, by enabling us to monitor which pages you find useful and which you do not. A cookie in no way gives us access to your computer or any information about you, other than the data you choose to share with us. You can choose to accept or decline cookies. Most web browsers automatically accept cookies, but you can usually modify your browser setting to decline cookies if you prefer. This may prevent you from taking full advantage of the website.How to prevent cookies being stored
- You can erase cookies from your hard disk at any time, but this will also erase your personal settings.
- You can also change your browser settings to prevent cookies from being stored on your hard disk. However, this may impair the functionality of certain websites and may prevent you accessing member pages as well as certain content and functions.
For more information on how to disable cookies, see All About Cookies.org.
This website uses Google Analytics, a web analysis service offered by Google Inc. (“Google”). Google Analytics uses “cookies”, which are text files placed on your computer, to help the website analyze how users use the site. The information generated by the cookie about your use of the website is usually transmitted to and stored on Google servers in the United States. However, in the event that the function which makes IPs anonymous has been activated on this website, Google will shorten your IP address within the United States of America. Only in exceptional cases are complete IP addresses transmitted to a Google server in the US before they are shortened. On the order of the operator of this website, Google will use this information for the purpose of evaluating your use of the website, to compile reports on website activities and provide other services relating to the use of the website and the internet to the website operator. The IP address transmitted by your browser in line with Google Analytics is not combined with other Google data. You may prevent the storage of cookies by selecting the appropriate settings on your browser; however, please note that if you do this you may not be able to use the full functionality of this website. You can also prevent the data (including your IP address) created by the cookie in relation to your use of the website from being forwarded to and processed by Google by downloading and installing the browser plug-in available at the following link:
In view of the discussion surrounding the use of analysis tools with complete IP addresses, we would like to advise that this website uses Google Analytics with the extension “_anonymizeIp()” and hence IP addresses are only processed in a shortened form so as to exclude a direct reference to a person.
The Google +1 button allows you to post information worldwide. The Google + 1 button will help you and others to get personalized content from Google and our partners. Google stores both the information that you + 1’d for a piece of content and information about the page you viewed when you clicked +1. Your + 1’s may appear as clues along with your profile name and photo in Google services, such as in search results or in your Google profile, or elsewhere on websites and ads on the web. Google records information about your + 1 activity to improve Google’s services to you and others. To use the Google + 1 button, you need a globally visible, public Google profile that has at least the name chosen for the profile. This name will be used for all Google services. In some cases, this name may also replace a different name you used when sharing content through your Google Account. The identity of your Google Profile may be displayed to users who know your email address or have other identifying information from you.
Use of the information collected:
Links to External Websites
Our website may contain links to other websites of interest. However, once you have used these links to leave our site, you should note that we do not have any control over that other website. Therefore, we cannot be responsible for the protection and privacy of any information which you provide whilst visiting such sites and such sites are not governed by this privacy statement. You should exercise caution and look at the privacy statement applicable to the website in question.
We will not sell, distribute or lease your personal information to third parties whatsoever. We will only release personal information if we are required by law to do so.
TERMS & CONDITIONS OF SALE
These terms and conditions (“Agreement”) apply to your purchase of PRODUCTS AND SERVICES from illuminationDepot.com. By placing an order, you acknowledge that you read this Agreement and fully accept the terms and conditions of this Agreement. illuminationDepot.com reserves the right to change the Agreement without any notice and/or restrictions.
- Products: All products offered by illuminationDepot.com may be discontinued, modified or substituted any time without any notice. Despite illuminationDepot.com’s every attempt to be as accurate as possible, illuminationDepot.com does not guarantee that products offered on our website and their prices are correct and/or accurate. If a product does not meet your expectations you have the right to return the product in accordance with illuminationDepot.com’s return policy outlined below.
- Price: Despite illuminationDepot.com’s every attempt to be as accurate as possible illuminationDepot.com does not guarantee that prices offered on our website are correct and/or accurate. If pricing is not correct, illuminationDepot.com will rectify the error as quickly as possible, and the correct price will apply to future orders. Our prices do not include sales tax, shipping & handling (if applicable). Please see the shipping and handling section below.
- Orders: illuminationDepot.com reserves the right to refuse service to any customer. An order will not be considered to be accepted by illuminationDepot.com until the customer receives an order confirmation from illuminationDepot.com.
- Email Addresses: illuminationDepot.com requires a valid email address to be provided at the time of the order for the sole purpose of communication during the ordering process. We do not sell or share your email address with outside companies, and it will only be used for the purpose of communicating with our customer service representatives or account representatives during the order process.
- Payment: Payment is due with order (unless otherwise agreed to prior to order). If payment is not received on time, interest shall accrue at the rate of one percent (1%) on the first ‘late’ day and on the first day of each ten (10) day period thereafter until paid in full including interest and fees. If payment is not received as called for by this website, illuminationDepot.com shall be entitled to legal fees, court costs, collection fees, interest and late fees.
If any dispute is not settled by the credit card processing company to the satisfaction of any party, jurisdiction for all disputes including collection action shall be the Circuit Court of Cook County, Illinois, 2nd Municipal District.
- Sales Tax: illuminationDepot.com collects sales tax in Illinois only. illuminationDepot.com does not collect sales tax on orders shipping outside of Illinois.
- Delivery: illuminationDepot.com has distribution facilities across the country. Consequently, the actual delivery duration will vary based on the proximity of the delivery location to the distribution facilities. illuminationDepot.com is not responsible for delivery delays beyond illumination Depot’s control such as fire, flood, accident, strike, riot, civil commotion, the act of God, act of terrorism, acts or mistakes of carriers, transmitters, phone companies, Internet Service Providers or Internet backbone providers or a failure. Freight companies are not required to unload any shipments.
IMPORTANT: illumination Depot and its freight carriers do not unload products. Unloading is the sole responsibility of the recipient (customer) and recipient (customer) is required to provide all necessary equipment and/or manpower at the time of delivery. We ship via ground service unless you indicate otherwise and agree to pay additional surcharges associated with expedited delivery. Please call us at 1-855-477-1977 or e-mail us at [email protected] to discuss your rush needs.
- International Shipments: Please contact us at 1-855-477-1977 or e-mail us at [email protected] to discuss your international shipping needs.
- Backorders: illumination Depot stocks many of our products; however, some products may be on back order from time to time due to high demand. In these cases, you will receive an email notification to the email address provided at the date of order that the product is back-ordered. At that time if estimated in stock dates are available they will be provided. If no estimated date is available illuminationDepot.com may offer a substitute product which the customer would be responsible for any additional charges for that product or a credit will be issued if the charges are lower. illuminationDepot.com will not automatically substitute any product without your consent. In addition, some of our products are made-to-order and are not stock items. For made-to-order items, illuminationDepot.com will provide the lead time within 24 business hours of order placement.
- Shipping & Handling (S&H) Charges: All orders with merchandise totaling under $150.00 will be assessed a flat shipping & handling charge of $9.95. Most orders exceeding $150.00 qualify for free shipping; however, some exceptions do apply. Shipping and Handling exceptions assessed on individual products will be specified in the product description on illuminationDepot.com. Additional S&H charges will apply to orders shipped outside the 48 contiguous states and to orders shipped via upgraded services (Next Day, 2nd Day, etc.non refundable). For shipments to Alaska, Hawaii, Puerto Rico and the U.S. Virgin Islands, please contact us at 1-855-477-1977 or e-mail [email protected] to get an estimate prior to placing your order. S&H is non-refundable. All orders ship via ground service unless otherwise requested and paid by the customer.
- Warranties: illuminationDepot.com DISCLAIMS ALL WARRANTIES OF ANY KIND RELATING TO THE PRODUCTS OR USE THEREOF, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, NON-INFRINGEMENT, TITLE OR FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE. Some jurisdictions may not allow the exclusion of certain implied warranties, so some of the above exclusions may not apply to you.
- Return & Restocking Policy.* illuminationDepot.com accepts returns or exchanges on products only if: 1) you notify us within 14 days of receipt of product 2) you obtain an R.G.A. number (Return Good Authorization Number) by calling 1-855-477-1977. A Restocking Charge of 25% plus any manufacturing costs incurred to illuminationDepot.com will apply if illuminationDepot.com did not commit an error in shipping the product or if the product was not defective. Refunds will be made by original method of payment less the restocking and manufacturing charges. All returns must arrive in the original packaging and must be unused. Freight charges for the shipment and return of goods will be the responsibility of the customer except for reasons of illumination Depot error or defect.
- Canceling an Order : In-Stock Products – You can cancel an order without incurring any cancellation fees only if the products have not shipped and products have not been customized specifically for your project. Made-To-Order Products – A cancellation fee may apply for made-to-order items dependent on the item and timing of the cancellation. Cancellation fees vary by product. Please call 1-855-477-1977 to determine cancellation fee.
- Special Order Merchandise: We will only accept returns on special ordered merchandise in the event that illuminationDepot.com committed an error in the fulfillment of the order based on the original specifications of the job.
- Large Project Orders: Returns or exchanges for project orders will be handled on a case by case basis due to the manufacturing costs and packaged pricing.
- Trademarks: illumination Depot and other marks indicated on this website are registered trademarks or trade dress of illuminationDepot.com and its vendors in the United States and other countries.
- Mistaken and Damaged Shipments: Although illuminationDepot.com strives to make no errors, in case you receive the wrong merchandise or if the merchandise you receive is damaged, please call us within 7-days of delivery and make all claims for replacement or credit. To return any wrong or damaged item, please call 1-855-477-1977 and receive an R.G.A (Return Good Authorization). For damaged orders, keep the original box and all packaging materials for possible inspection by the carrier and/or return to illuminationDepot.com. illuminationDepot.com may at any time limit the number of delivery attempts based on unfavorable delivery history resulting from, but not limited to, damage, loss, or theft.
- Limitation of Liability: TO THE MAXIMUM EXTENT ALLOWED BY LAW, illuminationDepot.com SHALL NOT BE LIABLE FOR ANY SPECIAL, CONSEQUENTIAL, EXEMPLARY OR INCIDENTAL DAMAGES (INCLUDING LOST OR ANTICIPATED REVENUES OR PROFITS RELATING TO THE SAME), ARISING FROM ANY CLAIM RELATING TO THESE TERMS OF SALE, THIS SITE, THE CATALOG, PRODUCT(S) OR ORDER(S), WHETHER SUCH CLAIM IS BASED ON WARRANTY, CONTRACT, TORT (INCLUDING NEGLIGENCE OR STRICT LIABILITY) OR OTHERWISE. IN NO EVENT WILL THE COLLECTIVE LIABILITY OF illuminationDepot.com EXCEED THE AMOUNT YOU HAVE PAID TO THE COMPANY FOR THE APPLICABLE ORDER OR PRODUCT OUT OF WHICH LIABILITY AROSE. THESE LIMITATIONS SHALL APPLY NOTWITHSTANDING ANY FAILURE OF ESSENTIAL PURPOSE OF ANY REMEDY. SOME STATES AND/OR JURISDICTIONS DO NOT ALLOW THE EXCLUSION OR LIMITATION OF INCIDENTAL OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES, SO THE ABOVE EXCLUSION MAY NOT APPLY TO YOU.
By visiting this website, you agree that the laws of the State of Illinois, without regard to principles of conflict of laws, will govern these Terms and Conditions of Sale and any dispute of any sort that might arise between you and illuminationDepot.com.If you have any questions or concerns, please CONTACT US.