PT-A-EMO, available in 25W, is UL recognized and allows the LED fixture to be used for both normal and emergency operation. In the event of a power failure, the emergency driver will operate the fixture for 90 minutes.
• Dial switchcode selector for rated voltage of luminaire.
• Long life, high temperature rated recyclable Ni-Cad battery.
• Includes test switch and charge indicator accessory kit.
• Dual flex MC cable connectors.
• Meets or exceeds all National Electrical Code and Life Safety Code
Emergency Lighting regulations.
UL CONDITIONS OF ACCEPTABILITY
• Must be factory wired Battery temperature must not exceed 50º
This driver must be grounded.
How Emergency LED Drivers Work
Backup or emergency LED drivers are designed specifically for light fixtures that already need a driver to operate properly. These backup drivers regulate the power supplied to the LED fixture the same way normal drivers do, but they operate off of a battery instead of line voltage. Because they operate off a battery the light output isn’t as bright as the fixture normally would produce, but it will be just enough in emergency situations. Most of our emergency LED drivers have a maximum emergency operation time of 90 minutes and operate LED fixtures in a wide range of wattages.